So I think I have a chronic illness that compels me to host contests... Anyway, on with the juicy details!
After reading any, or all, of my micronovels, which include Mass Effect: Generations, the SOMR AU, and (eventually) Re: Impulse Chronicles, take a scene, chapter, or whatever and create an adaptation of it in another medium.
Don't speak as nerdy as me? Well in simpler terms, take a scene or chapter, and recreate it in something other than writing. For example, a drawing, comic, animation, voice acting snippet, or even a marble statue... don't expect me to reimburse you on the statue. As for what the writing buffs may be concerned with, as long as you don't rewrite my work entirely, it counts. If you'd like to write for your submission, you could always take one of my chapters and write it from someone else's perspective!
1) Create a journal.
2) Tag me, in the journal.
3) Provide a link to this journal in your journal.
4) Tag me, in the description(s) of your submission(s), if applicable.
5) Provide a link to this journal in the description(s) of your submission(s), if applicable.
6) Place your submission(s) (hopefully you have multiple, I like multiple things) in the journal - thumbnail or link mode preferred.
7) Optional: Below your submission in the journal, describe your reasons and thinking to your choices in your adaptation. Its advised you do this, so I can understand where you are coming from.
8) Provide a link to your journal in the comments below.
9) Deadline is April 20th, 2015 at 11:59PM EST
EXAMPLES OF MEDIUMS
Not limited to, but includes:
Comic (Can be a strip, page, or even a whole damn thing)
Animation (Video or GIF, whatever you like)
Storyboard (Kinda like an animation-comic hybrid)
Spin-Off Fanfic (Not rewriting my work, but rather either visiting them from another perspective. For example, in the SOMR AU, we see things from Summer's perspective, but not Apricot's or Ozpin's.)
Your submissions will be evaluated on the following:
Straightforward, how aesthetically (to the eyes or ears for example) pleasing your submission is.
Creativity of Medium
How creative the medium used was.
How well your submission follows what was described in the text.
Use of Artistic License
A gamble, this scoring category is for how well your use of artistic license works for your submission. Not how liberal you've gotten - which could be problematic for your Faithful Representation score.
Don't worry, one person can only win one prize.
1st Place Overall
Animated Action Loop
- Example: Your OC fighting a bunch of identical dudes indefinitely.
- Another example: Your OC flourishing a sword indefinitely.
2nd Place Overall
Animated Dialogue Test
3rd Place Overall
Simple Animated Loop
Best in Scoring Categories
For each category, the winner receives a character portrait.
Any Questions? Comment below.